I have a photo from when I was ten years old. It’s of me and my Dad. We’re in a boat that’s been pushed onto the shore; I’m holding a fishing rod, he’s holding a small fish in both hands. We’re looking at each other and laughing. Every time I look at the picture, I go back to that moment. It’s early morning during the summer at our small cottage on a lake in New Hampshire. We had just finished fishing and were packing up our rods, ready to return the boat back to it’s original spot on the beach after an unsuccessful morning. That’s when we notice a tug on one of our lines- there was a fish on my rod! Without even trying I had caught my first fish of the day. We just looked at each other and laughed.
To this day, I have no idea who snapped that photo. That boat is now worn and faded green. I watch my younger cousins sit in the same boat I did and patiently wait for a fish to bite. I don’t even like fishing and pretty sure I haven’t gone since that day. But that photo means so much to me.
It’s this image, and so many others that have been captured throughout the years, that made me want to be a photographer. Life passes us by so quickly, but for me, photography is a way to freeze time, to remember what once was.
My road to photographer was bumpy and ever winding, but now that I’m here it’s clear to me this is what I was made to do. As a wedding photographer, I capture moments. I capture moments with the hope that in the days, months, or even years to come, I can transport a couple back to one of the happiest day of their lives, simply by looking at a photo. Remembering not only what the day looked like but the love they had for each other. I feel so blessed to work with couples every day who are happy and in love. I truly believe I have the best job in the world.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WILD AND
- I've lived in the Boston area almost all of my life and love everything New England, whether I'm wakeboarding on the lake in New Hampshire, skiing down the mountains of Vermont, walking on the beach at the Cape, or exploring the coastal towns of Maine.
- Most of my free time is spent with my two adorable nephews: Max (3 yrs) and Jack (11 mons). They are so much fun!
- I love running and ran the Boston Marathon in 2015 and 2016. I'm always looking for a running buddy :)
- I think country music sounds best blasting in the car with the windows rolled down on a summer day.
- I love to travel. I've been to 24 states (and am crossing AZ and TX off this winter!) and 10 countries, and my bucket list just keeps growing. I would love to go to Switzerland or New Zealand next.
- Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Pancakes, anyone?
- I love bingeing on Fixer Upper re-runs and (not-so-secretly) wish I was Joanna Gaines, which works out well because I'm pretty sure I'm dating Chip's twin.
- I graduated from Boston College's School of Management in 2011, go Eagles!
- I'm ALSO engaged to my best friend, partner-in-crime, biggest confidant and love of my life. We're getting married on July 14, 2018 soooo I guess that means.. we're in this wedding planning journey together!!
- I've been photographing weddings for over five years now and I couldn't imagine doing anything else!